Drivers Education and Drivers Training Center
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are entrance requirements to sign up for CDL Program?
In order to enroll at Viking Driving School student must provide valid Illinois Driver’s License, Social Security Number, must pass DOT Physical and Drug Screen Test, must be able to read and speak English well enough to communicate with the general public , to understand rules of the road …..
2. How old do you have to be to obtain CDL License?
Student must be at least 18 years of age to drive a commercial motor vehicle within the State lines , must be at least 21 years of age to drive a commercial motor vehicle across State lines , carry hazardous materials or transport any passengers
3. What is a CDL class A license?
Class “A” CDL is a Commercial Driver’s License that allows you to drive any combination vehicle of 26,001 or more pounds
4. What is a CDL class B license?
Class “B” CDL is a Commercial Driver’s License that allows you to drive any single vehicle of 26,001 pounds
5. What if I already have a CDL class B license?
Viking Driving School offers brush up programs that will help you to upgrade to Class A CDL
6. What are endorsements on a CDL?
Endorsements are additional tests a driver must pass in order to operate special types of commercial vehicles: hazmat, tanker, double/triple trailers, passengers
7. Am I allowed to hold another valid Driver’s License or CDL from different State if applying for Viking Driving School?
No. You may only hold one valid Driver’s License
8. What is required to renew a CDL license?
Vision test is required every time you renew your license and written test is required every other renewal. However if you have a clean driving record ( no tickets, suspension) the written test will be waived.
Hazardous endorsement written test is required each time you renew your CDL